Technical Controlling with SAP
In corporate practice, the field of technical controlling is so extensive, diverse, and also political, that it is hard to see the forest for the trees.
This seminar is the result of our reflection on both hard and pleasant experience of technical controlling in various companies and branches of industry. Besides the clear motivation for technical controlling, this seminar deal with the people, strategies, methods, tools, structures and concepts for information management, all leading to an analysis of the ways that this can be supported by the SAP Business Information Warehouse.
At the end of the seminar you will know the advantages and capabilities of technical controlling, and will be able to decide when they can be implemented better in SAP R/3 and/or in Business Information Warehouse (BW). You will be able to use your existing tools in an optimal manner. You will be able to correctly assess current concepts and strategies, and will know how the SAP tools function. In particular, you will know the advantages and disadvantages of the specific tools.
This seminar is intended for technical managers such as plant managers, systems engineers, technical controllers, project managers and master workmen who can use technical controlling to effect improvements in their activities within the company and the cost-effectiveness of their work.
Why technical controlling?
- What is the difference between technical controlling and commercial controlling?
- Who carries out technical controlling within a company?
- What is the purpose and meaning of technical controlling?
What is technical controlling and what structures is it practical in within the company?
- How is controlling defined?
- At what levels of the company does controlling take place?
- From what points of view and with what intentions can technical controlling be carried out?
- What transparency of the base data can be expected?
- What is the control loop for technical controlling?
- How can I obtain key data which is meaningful?
What proven strategies, methods, and tools do we have available for technical controlling?
- What information management concepts provide support for technical controlling?
- What strategies can be used to carry out technical controlling?
- What analytic tools can be used in SAP R/3?
- What are its limitations?
- What is the background and what are the characteristic features of current approaches to information management in technical controlling?
- What is different in Business Information Warehouse (BW)?
- What is the architecture underlying BW?
- How can one compare the different approaches?
Tools of technical controlling
- What terms does SAP R/3 use in Logistics Information System (LIS) and Business Information Warehouse (BW)? How can they be compared
- Conceptual approach of LIS and BW
- Meaning of and differences between LIS and BW
- What is meant by Business Content?
- What is a Business Explorer?
- What is the difference between OLAP Processor and Infocube?
- What is the structure of an Infocube?
- Do all data sources have to be within the SAP R/3 environment, or can external data sources also be used?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of LIS and BW?
Technical controlling based on examples in maintenance and project business
- A model for execution of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Development of an trans-modular report (CO, PS, PM, MM) by linking star schemes