Blue Sky Management
The method model for effective, flexible, relaxed and sustainable skills in project management. For everyone involved in processing transformational projects with a high degree of uncertainty and uniqueness, and for whom a systematic, methodically highly refined skills concept is exactly right.
Improving the learning process
Accelerating the acquisition of project management knowledge with methods for improving concentration by linking and applying findings from a wide range of disciplines, such as:
- memory research,
- applied psychology, a synthesis of mental relaxation, positive suggestion and game-based communicative exercises,
- Facilitating learning through movement, "brain gymnastics", and long-term anchoring of project management skills through
- collecting and reflecting upon experience from one's own project, and
- in a reflection workshop
Mastering the success factors for project management
- identifying project contents and depicting them in a transparent manner
- goal-oriented planning, monitoring and management of the project
- development and introduction of efficient controlling methods
- shaping highly functional communication in the project
- successful handling of the "soft facts", the human factor
Phase 1: "Experience Phase"
Relaxation training and project management knowledge
3-day workshop at T. A. Cook Consultants in Berlin
You will receive a step-by-step introduction to the "contents of project management". At the "crucial points of project business" you will gain concrete experience in presentation, exercises and role playing. It is particularly useful if you bring your "own concrete project situations" with you to the seminar! Based on these situations, the following topics will be thoroughly examined on the basis of examples, worked through, and converted into axioms for taking action in the course of our specially developed exercises:
- Clarification of the mission, deriving/creating a concrete project mission
- Building up and organising co-operation among project participants
- Working out an operational project goal definition
- Realistic planning of the project and handling of restrictions
- Organising and holding project meetings
- Creating transparency by means of project progress monitoring and proper depiction of and reporting on the project situation
- Acting and reacting with adequate management interventions in project execution
- Creating acceptance and selling the project
- Approval of project results and processing of experience
Insights collected here are mentally anchored by means of "aha effects", and thus remain present and available for use in day-to-day work. Acquisition of knowledge is supported by our special learning method:
- relaxation training
- creating an overview via foreshadowing by the instructor
- active learning and gaining of experience
- passive learning via visual reinforcement in lectures
- regular reactivation of concentration through stretching and "brain gymnastics", and
- summarising of and reflection on contents of the individual building blocks of project management.
Phase 2: "Transforming Phase"
Self-training in your own project
project support in your own undertakings
You will learn through self-training and self-reflection during your day-to-day project work, and will transfer what you have learned into practice. This phase is supported and enhanced by:
- a CD-ROM with learn-by-yourself materials and exercises
- an audio tape with recapitulation by the trainers to reinforce project management knowledge
- Telephone coaching and e-coaching via e-mail
Phase 3: "Reflecting Phase"
Evaluation, reflection and additive topics for experts
2-day seminar at T. A. Cook Consultants in Berlin
In a group reflection workshop, you will reflect on your level of knowledge and the experiences you have gained in the meantime using your project management knowledge by means of:
- evaluation of exercises from the previous phase,
- feedback from your own project practice,
- processing of positive and negative experiences from the participants' project practice.
- If needed, we will work out supplementary action alternatives and plan their implementation.
- Additional topics will be covered to supplement or round out the knowledge and skills profiles of project management experts (e.g.: legal or commercial aspects of the project business, customer acceptance, warranty, cost-effectiveness calculations, etc.).