Master end-to-end turnaround management, free from risk
Available in both public and in-house formats, TARfighter is a unique computer based project simulation designed by turnaround professionals for turnaround professionals. Presenting a realistic model of a plant turnaround, TARfighter takes attendees through the key project phases, including:
- Intervention – building your critical path and team to undertake a complex turnaround project
- Scoping – optimize turnaround scope and define pre/ post turnaround activities
- Detail planning and scheduling – creating turnaround quality assurance and control plans
- Execution – productively managing all aspects of your turnaround and responding to events ‘on the ground’
- Project evaluation – analyze and assess your performance and identify areas for future improvement
Working in teams through each turnaround phase, you will be tasked with delivering your turnaround against pre-defined KPIs (safety, quality, duration, budget). Throughout TARfighter, participants will be challenged to manage typical events and conflicts, while making decisions to meet all objectives of a critical turnaround project.
All phases of the simulation will be complemented by extended group discussions, feedback, analysis, case studies and theoretical presentations. Evaluate and assess your project success, personal performance, decision making, and future areas for improvement, and take these learnings back to your site for future projects.
This true-to-life simulation is an ideal opportunity to bring your team together for interactive learning. Whether you are preparing future projects, integrating a new team, or evaluating a completed project and areas for future performance improvement, TARfighter will allow you to:
- Take a step back from real-life project risk with your colleagues and evaluate how you approach turnaround decision making, planning and execution
- Participate in discussion sessions with peers and colleagues – share experiences, challenges and best practice, while making valuable new connections
- Hear expert case studies and theory developed through hundreds of hours of real-life project experience
- Take away practical advice to help you develop long-term turnaround management strategies
While any real life turnaround project involves commercial risk and pressure, this is an opportunity to step back and truly evaluate your current approach and where you can make process and decision changes to improve turnaround performance and results in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our upcoming public courses and would be delighted to discuss running the simulation on-site for your team.