Conference Agenda Day One - Thursday 15 March, 2018
Workshop Registration and Refreshments
These deep-dive sessions offer a brilliant introduction to the full SAP® portfolio of solutions and provide a strong foundation for the hot topics slated for discussion during the main conference agenda. Please click here for more information.
Networking Lunch in the Exhibition Area, Conference Registration
Chairman’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Chris Johnston, SAP
Next Generation Governance, Risk and Compliance
- What trends and challenges are governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) functions facing today and in the future?
- How did GRC approaches evolve over the past years at SAP?
- Where is the GRC industry heading and what are the next steps for SAP internally?
- How can new technologies like machine learning be leveraged to address those challenges?
Miriam Kraus, SAP
Process and Controls Efficiency for Vodafone: Protect the Value, Prevent the Loss
- Walk through Vodafone Group’s process to establish its controls library for comprehensive controls self-assessment
- Learn how we have accelerated the implementation of the SAP Process Control application and quickly rolled out manual controls testing
- See how we have leveraged configuration controls, continuous monitoring, and business-integrity screening in its second-line-of-defence approach
Sara Heuer, Vodafone Group Services
innogy SE: The Road to Financial Compliance with SAP GRC Solutions
- Establish an audit-proof ICS (documentation)
- Deliver information in an appropriate format (with a GRC dashboard)
- Automate compliance (with Continuous Control Monitoring, Access Control and Tax Compliance)
Carsten Tegethoff, innogy SE
Refreshment Break and a Visit to the Exhibition
Business Integrity Screening: A Case Study from the Insurance Industry
- Insurance fraud trends
- How to screen high variety and volumes of data for outliers
- How to give fraud investigators direct control over detection rules: quality (and ease of adjustment) of rules resulting in speed to reduce the number of false positives
- Minimising payments on illegitimate claim requests and directly impacting company’s loss ratio
Stephan de Jong, Nationale-Nederlanden
Luc Hartering, Nationale-Nederlanden
Implementation of the SAP® Tax Compliance Application at BASF: Lessons Learned
- The importance of an internal control system (ICS) for VAT: What will tax authorities be demanding in the future and why are considerable financial risks involved in VAT?
- The SAP® Tax Compliance application as an ICS with high automation and compliance: Why did BASF decide to co-innovate?
- Experiences at BASF with SAP Tax Compliance: As the first company worldwide to go live with SAP Tax Compliance, BASF shares the lessons learned so far.
Pascal Mattern, BASF
Delivering Continuous Monitoring to Ensure Effective Controls Over User Risks
Drawing insight gained from a BP PLC project based on the SAP® Access Violation Management application by Greenlight, this session discusses how to automate the last mile of the process to manage segregation-of-duty controls.
Attend and examine BP’s move to exception-based mitigation and learn how to:
- Reduce manual control efforts and empower the business to own access compliance by providing effective, user-friendly reporting
- Centralize and automate the monitoring, investigation, and resolution of access violations
- Maximise user acceptance and adoption
Amit Kakad, BP
Susan Stapleton, Greenlight Technologies
Vision and Road Map for the SAP GRC Solutions (Current and New)
- Overview of recent innovations in the area of SAP GRC solutions
- An exclusive insight into planned innovations and the future direction of strategic development of SAP GRC solutions
- Insight into the latest GRC cloud solutions addressing common “know your customer” as well as data privacy and protection challenges
Jochen Thierer, SAP