Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
Lijnden 1175 RM
Telephone: +31 (0) 20 658 0580
Amsterdam is the Netherlands’ capital, known for its artistic heritage, elaborate canal system and narrow houses with gabled facades, legacies of the city’s 17th-century Golden Age. Its Museum District houses the Van Gogh Museum, works by Rembrandt and Vermeer at the Rijksmuseum, and modern art at the Stedelijk. Cycling is key to the city’s character, and there are numerous bike paths.
If you are coming to Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport by car, please use your GPS system for detailed travelling. Please ensure that the city you fill in is Lijnden and the address is Melbournestraat.
Taxis from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport cost around EUR 27, although Uber may be considerably cheaper. Please also note that there is a complimentary shuttle bus from the airport terminal to the hotel (see details below).
Taxis from Amsterdam Central Station cost around EUR 40. Both estimates depend on the current traffic conditions. You may contact the reception desk at Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport to arrange taxis to/from the hotel, on +31 206 580 580.
Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is easily accessed from most major global cities, with good connections and a mix of national carriers and low-cost airlines. The best way to reach the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport is via the hotel's complimentary shuttle service, which departs from outside the airport Arrivals Hall.
• If you arrive by plane or train walk outside the Arrivals Hall
• Turn to your right and walk to the furthest stop on the right-hand side
• This bus stop is A9 – 13
• Walk to the sign which says Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and wait for the complimentary transportation to collect you
The complimentary shuttle operates every day between 05:30 and 23:00 on the hour (:00) and on the half hour (:30). In the event that you cannot find the shuttle, please contact the hotel using the hotel phone booth which is located at this bus stop.
The nearest public transportation is the tram station Matterhorn in Amsterdam-Osdorp, which is just 15 minutes on foot from the hotel. This tram will take you to Amsterdam Central Station with plenty of stops to visit other places in Amsterdam city.
• From Amsterdam Central Station, walk outside, towards the tram station
• Look for Tram 1, direction Osdorp
• In the tram you can buy your tram ticket (approximately EUR 2.60)
• The last stop of the tram is station Matterhorn, get out the tram at this stop
• Leave the tramstop and walk southwest directions Wijsentkade
• At Wijsentkade cross the street (walk straight ahead)
• Turn to your right, at the traffic lights turn left
• Walk across the bridge
• Follow the bike path around Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport (on your left hand)
• Walk across the parking towards the sliding doors, you can go up by stairs or elevators to the reception
The closest train station is at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. For details on the complimentary shuttle service between the airport and the Park Plaza, please see above.