Senior Conference Producer
Location: Birmingham, U.K.; Berlin, Germany
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
We would like to find an experienced conference producer who's looking for a new challenge. Based in Birmingham/Berlin, the role will be to produce a new line of events whilst building upon a portfolio of existing successful events.
We are searching for an exceptional candidate, if you.......
- are experienced in generating new topics and producing commercially successful events
- get excited by events
- have comprehensive knowledge of all the key roles and responsibilities required to run a successful event
- enjoy working with people and building relationships
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- are marketing focused
- work well under pressure and enjoy a challenge
... then you may be just the person we're looking for.
As an accomplished conference producer, preferably with a background in industrial, oil & gas, utilities or energy topics you will have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects involved in launching and building winning commercial events. Aligned with our consulting practice, your events will showcase and/or complement our areas of expertise, building upon synergies within our company.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Generate new topics based on thorough market research and validation
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of your audience's needs and wants, and the market landscape, via primary and secondary research
- Identify and work with contacts within the industry to develop research-driven content for compelling, commercial events
- Source and recruit senior level decision makers to provide presentations and interactive sessions
- Package your event in a format that speaks to your market
- Produce "winning" marketing copy for your events
- Utilise social networking to become part of the community, not just a conference "supplier"
- Manage the end-to-end event project; working with marketing, sponsorship, logistics, operations etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for speakers at events
- Take P&L responsibility for your events
- Ensure your events are produced on time and to budget
- Be the principal face of your event onsite, and to represent T.A. Cook during networking sessions
- Build a network of industry contacts with a view to developing new business opportunities
- Developing partnerships, alliances and networks to develop your brand and build your event
Personal Attributes - Essential
- Organised and enthusiastic self-starter
- Professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and command of English. A confident communicator, able to converse easily at senior level both by telephone and in person
- Thorough researcher, able to get to grips with complex topics easily
- Persuasive recruiter of presenters and facilitators
- An understanding of creative event concepts
- Able to produce engaging, incisive, attention-grabbing copy
- No less than 5 years' experience as a conference producer/senior producer
- Able to manage and report budgets efficiently
- An understanding of the end-to-end event lifecycle and the players involved
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES - Desirable
A second European language
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and covering email to
James Haggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.