Event Sales and Research
Location: Birmingham, U.K.
Salary: Dependent on experience, details on application
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to enhance our growing team. The individual would join our successful B2B events department, based in Birmingham, and would be responsible for research, delegate recruitment and key account management across a portfolio of international and national events.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attract delegates to attend the event, selling individual delegate and group passes across a number of business conferences, workshops and seminars
- Get involved in the end-to-end process of delegate acquisition, working with marketing, production, and registration teams to deliver a successful event
- Take on the role of account managing our key customers, informing them of upcoming events, and being their main point of contact
- Get to grips quickly with the content offered at our events, to determine unique selling points of each, and effectively convey these to potential delegates
- Research, identify and build relationships with new contacts (decision-makers)
- Continuously track conversations and results, and deliver status reports to event stakeholders
- Commit to maintaining the quality of our database in an organized and efficient manner
- Build a network of industry contacts with a view to developing new business opportunities
Desired Personal attributes
- Graduate caliber with 1 – 2 years telesales/telemarketing/customer service management experience (B2B experience preferable)
- Organised and self-motivated with lots of energy and enthusiasm to hit and exceed targets
- Professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and command of English
- Enjoy being on the phone and building relationships
- A confident communicator, able to converse easily
- Be comfortable making ‘cold calls’ to build new relationships
- Able to report and feed-back accurately and concisely
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising
- Willing to learn quickly and constantly develop your skills
- Bring a tenacious and persuasive approach
- Commercially aware with good research skills
- Excited by working with a collaborative team
- Keen to take ownership of the role and progress
- A second European language would be an advantage (esp. German)
THE RIGHT PLACE TO GROW
T.A. Cook Conferences offers exactly the right mix for a fulfilling career: a high degree of freedom and responsibility combined with ambitious projects. A broad range of opportunities which are challenging and provide the exposure you need to develop your own personal field of expertise. A fun and collegial working environment, which enables and supports long-term personal growth.
Please submit these documents via email to email@example.com.