Event Logistics & Operations Manager
Location: Birmingham, U.K.
Salary: On application, dependant on experience
Position: Maternity cover - 9-12 month contract
We are looking for a creative and dynamic event logistics and operations manager to join our busy international event team in Birmingham. Our ideal candidate, of graduate caliber, will have at least 5+ years‘ experience in the B2B conference and exhibition industry internationally. We are seeking a candiate with a background in medium to large-scale events and exhibitions (between 300 – 1000+ attendees).
- Take responsibility for the event venues process – researching, identifying, communicating, site-visits and contracting of event venues across the globe (mostly in Europe)
- Management and execution of speaker and sponsor logistics
- Identifying and working with national and international vendors
- Responsibility for direction and planning of evening events; from venue sourcing and entertainment decision to catering and furniture decisions
- On-site management of events, covering set-up, signage, staging, venue logistics, agenda/schedule facilitation etc.
- Scenario planning, budget management and accurate monitoring of spend
- Design and organization of event materials including, onsite guides, event feedback forms and questionnaires, sponsor feedback forms and questionnaires etc.
- Leading, and facilitating calls with event partners and participants, including minute taking
- Event stakeholder relationship management and partner expectation management
- Working together closely with the overall event project manager, communicating milestones and issues effectively
- Handling event inquiries, and supporting the registrations and invoicing process when required
- Monitoring feedback and following-up suggestions for future improvements
- Take part in a continuous improvement programme, to ensure processes and best practices are monitored and improved upon wherever necessary
- Contract negotiation and completion, contract management and review
- Updating online information (website, Social media platforms etc.)
- Performance of other duties, as and when required
Personal attributes – Essential
- Demonstrable relationship management skills
- Organised and enthusiastic self-starter
- Professional manner and excellent client-facing skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- A good command of the English language
- Able to manage budgets accurately and effectively
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Flexible team player
- Accurate reporting skills
- Able to work to deadlines, and identify bottle-necks clearly
- Willing and able to travel
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
Personal attributes – Desirable
- A second European language (preferably Spanish, German or Italian)
THE RIGHT PLACE TO GROW
T.A. Cook Conferences offers exactly the right mix for a fulfilling career: a high degree of freedom and responsibility combined with ambitious projects. A broad range of opportunities which are challenging and provide the exposure you need to develop your own personal field of expertise. A fun and collegial working environment, which enables and supports long-term personal growth.
Please forward your cv, covering letter and event addendum to James Haggan – email@example.com.