Location: Birmingham, U.K.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
We would like to find a Conference Producer who is looking to take the next step in their career. Based in Birmingham, the successful candidate will work on both established and brand new events, predominantly in the asset management space.
We are searching for an exceptional candidate, if you…
- have experience researching and producing commercially successful events
- get excited by events
- have comprehensive knowledge of all the key roles and responsibilities required to run a successful event
- enjoy working with people and building relationships
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- are market and topic focused
- work well under pressure and enjoy a challenge
… then you may be just the person we’re looking for.
Main job responsibilities
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of your audience’s needs and wants, and the market landscape, via primary and secondary research
- Generate new topics based on thorough market research and validation
- Identify and work with contacts within the industry to develop research-driven content for compelling, commercial events
- Source and recruit senior level decision makers to provide presentations and interactive sessions
- Package your event in a format that speaks to your market
- Produce “winning” marketing copy for your events
- Utilise social networking to become part of the community, not just a conference "supplier"
- Manage the end-to-end event project; working with marketing, sponsorship, logistics, operations etc.
- Be the primary point of contact for speakers at events
- Take P&L responsibility for your events
- Ensure your events are produced on time and to budget
- Be the principal face of your event onsite, and to represent T.A. Cook during networking sessions
- Build a network of industry contacts with a view to developing new business opportunities
- Developing partnerships, alliances and networks to develop your brand and build your event
Personal attributes - essential
- Organised and enthusiastic self-starter
- Professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and command of English. A confident communicator, able to converse easily at senior level both by telephone and in person
- Thorough researcher, able to get to grips with complex topics easily
- Persuasive recruiter of presenters and facilitators
- An understanding of creative event concepts
- Able to produce engaging, incisive, attention-grabbing copy
- No less than 2 years’ experience as a conference producer
- Able to manage and report budgets efficiently
- An understanding of the end-to-end event lifecycle and the players involved
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising
- Willing and able to travel internationally
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
Personal attributes - desirable
- A second European language
Who we are: T.A. Cook Consultants
T.A. Cook is a management consulting firm focusing on Asset Performance Management with offices in Berlin, Birmingham, London, Munich and Raleigh, NC (USA). The core competence of the consulting business is the sustainable implementation of asset, operations and service-oriented excellence. As a change management specialist, the firm delivers measurable value enhancement and bottom-line productivity gains. In order to achieve these results T.A. Cook offers a wide range of professional services which ensure that all business processes - from strategy definition through management to organisational design – are effective, efficient and sustainable. Complementing the consulting business, the T.A. Cook Academy has become a leading organiser of international conferences and seminars relating to Asset Performance Management. Annual events include the MainDays summit as well as conferences centred on topics such as Shutdowns & Turnarounds and Capex Management. T.A. Cook’s clients are typically businesses, their suppliers and contractors working with significant industrial assets across multiple sectors. The company has particular expertise in the petrochemicals, plastics, pharmaceutical, transport, mining and food sectors as well as excellent knowledge of the regulated environments occupied by gas, water and electricity utilities. Further information about T.A. Cook may be found at: www.tacook.co.uk.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to James Haggan at email@example.com